Do you have a strong and kind heart for human rights, democracy, and an inclusive society? Do you have experience in effectively supporting a creative content marketing strategy? Are you a good storyteller with a strong eye for text, detail, layout, and visuals? Do you effortlessly write engaging copy that is to the point and clear? Please apply now to the Social Media Internship of Humanity in Action The Netherlands.
About Humanity in Action
Humanity in Action is an educational non-profit organization. Humanity in Action informs, connects, and inspires young people to engage in dialogue and take action for human rights, democracy, and inclusive societies. We do this by offering educational programs, our so-called Fellowships, and organizing public events and trainings.
Humanity in Action The Netherlands is part of the international Humanity in Action Network, with partner organizations in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, Germany, and the United States. In the past 20 years, we engaged over 2,600 individuals committed to social justice worldwide.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a committed, hands-on student who will strengthen our social media team with great enthusiasm. You will produce visuals, publications, and messages for our social media channels. We are looking for someone with experience in content creation and design with excellent English writing skills. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in our field of work, thrives in a team environment as well as independently, performs well under pressure and with tight deadlines, is attentive to detail, and switches easily between varied tasks. Experience with WordPress, Canva, Mailchimp, Sprout Social, web design, and graphic design is a plus. Excellent social and communication skills are a must, as well as a great sense of responsibility.
- You support the production of the creative social media content strategy for the Landecker Democracy Fellowship and the activities of Humanity in Action The Netherlands.
- You are co-responsible for the social media coverage of Humanity in Action The Netherlands and that of Humanity in Action Inc. for Landecker-related content (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter);
- You are responsible for community management on social media;
- You are responsible for monitoring our reach on social media.
- You will create and publish creative content for the Landecker Democracy Fellowship on the Humanity in Action network-wide social media channels. You will work together with our international team (did you know that all Humanity offices in Europe and the United States together address a community of about 50,000 people?);
- You support our Social Media Manager in realizing the social media strategy of the Landecker Democracy Fellowship program and of Humanity in Action the Netherlands;
- You participate in communication with Fellows and third parties related to the creation of content;
- You take care of other logistical and administrative tasks and activities on request;
- Upon request, you will support other team members on non-social media tasks with flexibility.
What do we offer?
We offer an internship for 5 months starting in September 2023 (32 hours a week). We offer you a monthly fee of 300 Euro.
You will work in a small team, with an open and informal atmosphere. As an intern, you will be given responsibility and get the space to learn extensively. We encourage you to work proactively and offer space for your own initiatives.
How to apply?
Please send in your application before Sunday, June 4, 2023, to email@example.com attn. our Social Media Manager Luiza Braga. In addition to your CV, we would like to receive a motivation letter or video (maximum 1 A4 and maximum 90 seconds) with the subject line ‘Internship Social Media.’ Interviews will take place in the second week of June.