We are no longer receiving applications for this position.
Approx. 8 hours a week, 0,2 FTE
Location: Amsterdam – Virtual
We are looking for a social media talent at the start of their career and/or a student, who loves to write and tell a cohesive, visual, and engaging story, to join the team of Humanity in Action The Netherlands. Have a strong eye for copy, lay-out and design. You have a passion for democracy, human rights and social justice. You will be in the lead of social media messaging and community management as part of a major international Fellowship. You will hold a vital role in informing, engaging and enlarging our transatlantic community.
The Communications and Community Officer is responsible for our social media messaging and community management, specifically in the context of a major Humanity in Action Fellowship program. Your objective is to spread the word on the program, increase awareness of current-day social justice challenges, and provide a platform for our Fellows to showcase their work for them to ultimately inspire action. You will work closely with your European and US colleagues and our Fellows. We envision this role to be creative and coordinative in nature. You will supervise 1 – 2 interns that will support you and report to the Executive Director of Humanity in Action The Netherlands.
We are looking for a dynamic social media talent with a strong eye for copy, lay-out and design.
- To oversee, develop and publish creative content (copy & visuals) across various social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Securing the copy to be inclusive and as genuine, personal and authentic as possible.
- To support and strengthen the social media presence of the Fellows.
- To streamline relevant social media processes across the Humanity in Action offices.
- To coach our 1- 2 interns to support you and secure alignment with the additional creative content that is developed for Humanity in Action The Netherlands.
- To take care of social media community management.
- To monitor and strengthen the effectiveness of our social media messaging.
Requirements and Team
Humanity in Action The Netherlands consists of a small and dynamic team of collaborative people who take initiative, are independent and work well together, are flexible and look for new opportunities.
This role is a good fit for you if you:
- Work well in a team and independently.
- Display curiosity to learn about effective communication.
- Are thoughtful, empathetic, self-motivated, flexible and dedicated.
- Pay attention to detail, have excellent time management skills, and can switch easily between tasks.
- Excellent (native) English writing and editing skills. Dutch writing and editing skills are a plus.
- An interest in and understanding of human rights, democracy, and present social justice topics.
- (Professional) experience with social media messaging and community management on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- The ability to conceptualize communications in terms of objectives, platform and audiences.
- Have a strong eye for copy, lay-out and design.
To apply, please send a short letter of interest, a portfolio or examples of your social media work, and a one-page resume/CV to our Executive Director Laura Lasance, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted until January 5. Interviews will take place on January 11 and 12.
We offer a 0,2 FTE contract for the period of one year, with the possibility of prolongation and increase in hours. Salary indication on the basis of a full time employment, depending upon the applicants’ experience and expertise: 2.000 – 2.200 Euro.
Photo’s: 2019 Amsterdam Fellowship
Humanity in Action The Netherlands is an educational non – profit organization, based in Amsterdam. We are committed to building an inclusive, equitable and just society, supported by a robust rule of law. We develop educational programs, professional Fellowships, public events, and tailor-made training programs.
We are part of the international Humanity in Action network. Humanity in Action is a transatlantic educational organization. Together, we educate, inspire and connect a global network of students, young professionals and established leaders committed to promoting human rights, pluralism, active citizenship and democratic values – in their own communities and around the world. Humanity in Action works in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Berlin, Copenhagen, New York, Sarajevo and Warsaw.