In 2018, Humanity in Action Bosnia and Herzegovina co-launched Strengthening Resilience of the Youth against Radicalization in the Western Balkans, an initiative aimed at strengthening capacities for resilience among youth in the Western Balkans against radicalization and violent extremism. By raising awareness and promoting shared values as well as social cohesion through interfaith, inter-ethnic, and intercultural dialogues, this program tackles increasing rates of youth radicalization in the Western Balkans.
Promo Videos against Radicalisation - Video 1
Youth against Radicalization in BiH
Youth against Radicalisation: Anti-Radicalisation Advocacy Event
Study presentation in Sarajevo as a part of “Strengthening Resilience of the Youth against Radicalization in the Western Balkans” initiative.
HIA BiH at the closing event of the "Youth against Radicalization in the Western Balkans"
Closing event of the "Youth against Radicalization in the WB" in Skopje, North Macedonia.
HIA BiH Team at "Preventing Youth Extremization - Experiences and Perceptions" Expert Workshop
Implementing Youth-Specific P/CVE Interventions in the Western Balkans
Humanity in Action BiH presented the results of the research study.
Humanity in Action Fellows participate in a Summer School on Inter-faith Dialogue in Albania
Humanity in Action BiH at GLOBSEC Forum 2019 in Bratislava
Perception about Radicalization by Young People in the Western Balkan Region
Download the Research Study Publication
Download the Bosnia and Herzegovina Country Report
Perceptions about Radicalization by Young People in the Western Balkans
Country report: Bosnia and Herzegovina
J Hasic, MH Mehmedovic, M Sijamija
- Adamović, M., Gvozdanović, A., and Kovačić, M. (2017). Process of Reconcili- ation in the Western Balkans and Turkey: A Qualitative Study. Banja Luka/ Zagreb: Institute for Social Research in Zagreb (ISRZ).
- Azinović, V. (2018). Extremism Research Forum: Understanding Violent Ex- tremism in the Western Balkans [Ebook]. British Council. Retrieved from https://www.britishcouncil.me/sites/default/files/erf_report_western_ balkans_2018.pdf
- Azinović, V., and Jusić, M. (2015). The Lure of the Syrian War: The Foreign Fighters ’Bosnian Contingent. Atlantic Initiative, Sarajevo.
- Bećirević, E. (2016). Salafism vs. Moderate Islam: A Rhetorical Fight for the Hearts and Minds of Bosnian Muslims. Sarajevo: Atlantic Initiative.
- Bešić, J., and Pobrić, R. (2011). Vodič kroz Zakon o mladima Federacije Bosne i Hercegovine (p. 43). Sarajevo: Institut za razvoj mladih KULT.
- Hasić J. and Sijamija M. (2018). Stable and state subsidized party membership in Bosnia and Herzegovina in Gherghina, S., Iancu, A., & Soare, S. (Eds.). Party Members and Their Importance in Non-EU Countries: A Comparative Analysis. p. 58-80.
- Richardson, C., Cameron, P., & Berlouis, K. (2017). Radicalisation of Young Adults in the Balkan States: Counter-Measures, Healthcare Provision, and Community Involvement. Journal For Deradicalization, 11 (2363-9849).