This project targets civil servants across all levels of government in BiH involved in EU integration process, especially public civil servants at local levels of government (municipal and city).
- To enhance the professional capacity of the newly established EUSYP BiH Alumni network;
- To facilitate the initial alumni work and public engagement in promoting EU-oriented civil service in Bosnia and Herzegovina through implementing an awareness-building project that instills a commitment to the EU values and increases civil servants’ knowledge and understanding of the EU accession process across all levels of government in BiH, including local (municipal/city).
The EUSYP Alumni will work on improving their horizontal network capacities and collaborate with local civil servants through engaging in raising awareness on EU’s role in local-level policies in the EU and non-EU context, as well as on the development of innovative solutions for local problems in BiH, which can be funded through EU’s funding schemes
Their work will specifically focus on:
- municipal services for citizens (public admin reform); social care and social services;
- local crisis management (capacities and preparation for natural and other types of crisis); economic recovery in the post-COVID period;
- implementation of “green deal” and other climate change prevention measures locally.