The interviews for this vacancy will take place online on a rolling basis, as we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Do you have a strong and kind heart for human rights, democracy, and an inclusive society? Do you have experience in effectively supporting a creative content marketing strategy? Are you a good storyteller with a strong eye for text, detail, layout, and visuals? Do you effortlessly write engaging copy that is to-the-point and clear?
Please apply now to the Landecker Democracy Fellowship Social Media Internship at Humanity in Action The Netherlands. The role is available immediately for a period of 6 months (32 hours per week, flexible working hours upon agreement).
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a committed, hands-on recent graduate or student (WO or HBO) who will strengthen our social media team with great enthusiasm. You will produce visuals, publications, and messages without hesitation and with pleasure. We are looking for someone with experience in content creation and design with excellent writing skills in English, preferably being a native speaker. The ideal candidate has strong interest in our field of work, thrives in a team environment as well as independently, performs well under pressure and with tight deadlines, is attentive to detail and switches easily between varied tasks. Experience with WordPress, Canva and Mailchimp is a plus. The ideal intern easily navigates the various social media platforms – primarily Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter – and their various functions and algorithms. Experience with ContentCal, web design and graphic design is a plus. Excellent social and communications skills are a must, as well as a great sense of responsibility.
Are you equipped to effectively support our creative content marketing strategy?
- You support the production of the creative social media content strategy to the Landecker Democracy Fellowship;
- You are co-responsible for the social media coverage of Humanity in Action The Netherlands and that of Humanity in Action Inc. for Landecker-related content (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter);
- You are responsible for community management on social media;
- You are responsible for monitoring our reach on social media.
- You will create and publish creative content for the Landecker Democracy Fellowship on the Humanity in Action network-wide social media channels. You will work together with our international colleagues (Did you know that all Humanity offices in Europe and the United States together address a community of about 50,000 people?);
- You support our Communication & Community Officer to realize the social media strategy of the Landecker Democracy Fellowship program;
- You participate in communication with Fellows and third parties related to the Landecker Democracy Fellowship;
- You take care of other supporting, logistical and administrative tasks and activities on request.
What do we offer?
At Humanity in Action The Netherlands we encourage you to work proactively. As an intern, you will be given several responsibilities within our growing team and therefore get the space to learn extensively. Beyond an instructive internship experience, we offer a modest monthly fee.
Via the means of this internship, we will onboard and instruct you, providing all within our reach so that you can thrive in this role and grow your professional experience.
Humanity in Action The Netherlands educates, inspires, and connects high schoolers, students, recent graduates and young professionals in the field of human rights, democracy and an inclusive society.
How to apply?
Please send in your application before June 23 2021 to email@example.com attn. our Executive Director, Laura Lasance. In addition to your CV, we would like to receive a motivation letter or video (maximum 1 A4 and maximum 90 seconds) with the subject line ‘Internship Social Media Landecker Democracy Fellowship.’ The interviews will take place online on a rolling basis, as we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Due to measures against the spread of the coronavirus, the team currently work from home. We have daily online contact with one another, participate in fun online activities, and welcome you as an important member of our team!