Interested in becoming a Humanity in Action Fellow?
Applications from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Germany, Greece, The Netherlands, Poland, Ukraine, Denmark and US based applicants are now closed.
Sign up here to be notified about our 2024 Fellowships.
Our 2023 Fellowship Programs
The Humanity in Action journey begins with an intense period of immersive study in the summer and an ongoing training program throughout the fall and winter.
- The US Mapping Democracy Fellowship: May 30 – June 21, 2023 | hybrid* Fellowship (virtual and in Washington, D.C.)
- The Amsterdam and Berlin Fellowships: June 5 – June 23, 2023 | in-person* Fellowships
- The Copenhagen Fellowship: June 5 – June 30, 2023 | in-person* Fellowship
*We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program for reasons beyond our control.
Application Process and Eligibility
There are two different application processes for applicants from or residing in Europe and applicants from or residing in the US. You may also be eligible to apply to different fellowship programs, depending on your location. Please scroll down to choose your application process.
See here for more detailed descriptions of:
- Eligibility requirements when applying from Europe
- Eligibility requirements when applying from the US
What are we generally looking for?
- Fluent English speakers (all programs are conducted in English).
- People we accept to our Fellowships are reflective and self-reflective, critical and self-critical. They demonstrate openness, humility, and a readiness to challenge their own preconceptions.
- Successful candidates are willing to engage in difficult yet constructive and meaningful dialogue. They appreciate the complex interweaving of many identities and perspectives.
- Future Fellows need to be comfortable with feeling uncomfortable and allow space for misunderstanding and mistakes in the process of learning. They acknowledge others’ learning and healing processes.
- Learn more about successful candidates here.