Humanity in Action office in Berlin is looking for a new National Director.
- Management of the Berlin office of HIA-Germany and external representation of the association;
- Strategic development of the organization as well as networking;
- Financial planning and fundraising in cooperation with the board;
- Supporting the HIA-Germany board;
- Direct personnel management (Berlin office, interns, freelancers);
- Preparation, implementation and follow-up of Humanity in Actions’s German Fellowship program;
- Call for applications and selection of Humanity in Action Fellows in Germany;
- Communication with and reporting to funders;
- Fellows mentorship in the implementation phase of their Action Projects, as well as support for Alumni work in Germany;
- Co-development of the program within the framework of the Landecker Democracy Fellowships;
- Landecker Democracy Fellows mentorship.
- You have a Master’s degree, in relevant fields of study such as political science, international relations, etc…;
- You have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience, as well as experience in the management of projects and/or organizations, international Cooperation and in fundraising;
- You have experience in the field of human rights and minority issues, migration or other socio-political issues;
- Your German and English – both oral and written – are business fluent (B2/C1); Other foreign languages are an advantage.
- You are communicative and like to work in a structured way, independently and with a flexible schedule (Humanity in Action offices are located in different time zones) and have good self-management skills;
- You have intercultural understanding, social skills, empathy, and experience facilitating group processes;
- You have diverse civic or volunteer involvement and experience working in volunteer structures.
- You are comfortable using common office applications, Zoom, Asana, etc.;
- You have a work permit in Germany and your regular place of residence is Berlin or the surrounding areas.
What We Offer:
- A senior position in the field of adult education with teams both in Europe and the USA,
- Flexible work location (remote work),
- Scope of work: 38.5 hours/week,
- Start date: February 1 or 14, 2024
We are accepting applications until October 27th, 2023. Please find more details (in German) here.
Janina Lehmann (she/her)
Lead of Administration and Organizational Management | Humanity in Action – Deutschland e.V.
Kollwitzstr. 94-96, 10435 Berlin
Tel.: +49 (0)30 4430 82-71, Mobil: +49 (0)152 2610 1010