From which European countries can you apply?
In Europe, Humanity in Action invites applications from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, Germany, Greece, The Netherlands, Poland, and Ukraine. If you are residing in one of the countries or have the citizenship of one of these countries (but live abroad), please check out which programs you can apply to.
Which programs am I eligible for, if I apply from ...
Required Eligibility Criteria
- You speak English fluently (all programs are conducted in English)
- You must fit one of the below:
- You are a current student in a college or university located in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, Germany, Greece, the Netherlands, Poland, Sweden, or Ukraine.
- You graduated no longer than two years ago from a college or university in any of the above mentioned countries.
- You grew up in or are a citizen or resident of any of the above-mentioned countries and study at a university in any country of the world.
If your path has been non-linear or feel unsure about your eligibility, please check in with the office you deem most appropriate to find out about your eligibility.
Application Requirements for applicants from Europe
- 1 Personal Statement
- An Action Project idea pitched in a 90 sec video
- 1 CV / Resume without a picture
- Name and contact information of one reference
Applicants may apply to the various Humanity in Action Fellowship programs through a single application and may indicate preference for one or more programs. However, we cannot always guarantee that all preferences can be met.
February: First selection
All applications will be read carefully by a panel of Humanity in Action staff, board members, and Senior Fellows They select a pool of finalists for further review by the national Humanity in Action’s Selection Committees.
Finalists will be interviewed by the national Selection Committee All finalists will be interviewed together with two or three other finalists.
The final selections are made based on the application and the interview.
The participation in our Fellowship programs is free of charge. Please review our FAQ section below carefully.
Further Fellowship & Application Resources
What we Expect: Your Commitment
Apply now through our Application Form
“I look back at countless fond memories and a wonderful community that we have forged amongst Fellows and staff. Though certainly intensive, the Fellowship was both intellectually and emotionally stimulating for me and has allowed me to connect with many amazing individuals both personally and professionally.”
Joey Stofberg, 2022 European Fellowship